Friday, April 18, 2008

Old Magic Videos

A while ago I started Magic Archives. I recieved video tapes of old magic performances, mostly from Japanese television, from eBay. I felt that these videos could be better served than sitting on my shelf. I uploaded them onto YouTube to let public, and magic community see the past masters of our art. I feel this is a great tribute to them, and I feel a great respect when I see them posted on other sites. I regularly check the comments the videos get, and delete any that even hint at methods (although the other comments are sometimes worse). The Dai Vernon videos are clips from a Dai Vernon documentary, and are only there to pique the interest and encourage people to watch the documentary (Dai Vernon: Spirit of Magic). There have been DVDs released in the past few years that are "performance only" clips of past magicians performing on TV shows, and live shows (Fred Kaps, Magic Ranch, You Asked For It). I thouroughly enjoy those kind, and I own a few. I could simply upload them onto YouTube, but since they are now commercially sold, I would encourage other people to actually buy them. I wish other people would not post commercial videos on YouTube. All the response I've gotten from the videos I put up has been positive, and I will try to upload more videos (I swear there's a missing tape I have yet to find). In the mean time, I will be posting information about old magic magazines every once in a while. I did that with Genii magazines, but I think it would be more interesting to do the lesser known journals.

I look foward to posting.

Step Inside,
R. Ruse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home