Friday, April 11, 2008

Putting on a Show

I am currently in development for a one man show.

Robert Ruse
Might of Thought

I submitted a proposal to work on the show through the university I am attending. The proposal was approved, and set for the performance date of November 14.

I have seven months to create tricks, write, block, and rehearse a 70 minute one man mentalism show.

The theatre is a 3/4 thrust stage that is on the same level as the first row seats, and the seats are stepped. This is going to be a unique challenge for angles, but I feel it will be worth it because of the intimate nature it provides.

I will keep an update of my progress through out the months, and hope enough people will be interested in it.

So far here are some of my ideas:

-Balloon Monte (trick)
-Cosmopolitan (trick)
-Video interlude...transitioning into a live ending
-Video of past magicians (preshow)
-Pow (trick)
-Drawing duplication (need to create, or find one)
-Metal bending


This is going to become my touring show, so the technical aspect (in terms of theatricality) will be minimal-enough light to see me, and to see the audience, and make sure they can hear me. This of course puts more pressure on me to carry the show for the entire time, and not let it drag. I welcome you all to

Step Inside,

R. Ruse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home